Donnerstag, 27. Juli 2017

1) Starting the summer road trip: Augsburg and Lake Konstanz

At the start of our summer road trip (21.07.), I visited the new lab in Jena that I was going to join in October. From Jena we then continued to Marktheidenfeld, where we visited Franzi's friend Bine together with her friends Lisa, Mone and Martin. After a delicious dinner, we went for a Kneipp bath, that was quite fun :)
The next day (22.07.) we continued to Augsburg to visit Franzi's sister Jenny. Franzi and Jenny enjoyed a Robbie Williams concert in Munich, while I went on a cycling trip with Emilia along the Lech river. We repeated the cycling tour the next day (23.07.) together with sun following us all day.
I, Emilia and Jenny enjoying the great wheather at Lech river bank
On Monday (24.07.) we drove to an AirBnB in Friedrichshafen and met Franzi's friends Susanne and Werner for dinner at restaurant Traube. Due to rainy wheather in that area, we visited the indoor pool Aquastaad the next day (25.07.). Emilia enjoyed swimming and Werner and I took a short swim in the 17°C cold water of Lake Konstanz. Later we visited Ravensburg and had dinner at Gasthof Engel.
Emilia, Franzi, Susanne and Werner in front of  Blaserturm
I, Emilia and Franzi at a giant Ravensburger token monument with the Mehlsack tower in the back


The next day (26.07.) we visited the medival fortress town Meersburg together. The fortress at Lake Konstanz makes a really scenic setting. Susanne and Werner went back home in the afternoon and we took over their accomodation in Immenstaad. In the evening we played minigolf their. The next morning (27.07.) we went to Aquastaad again and as the wheather got better we went for a cycling trip in the afternoon. We cycled 18km, passing Friedrichshafen, up to Eriskirch and back.
Emilia and Franzi overlooking Lake Konstanz from Meersburg
Within Meersburg fortress
Meersburg port
At the promenade of Friedrichshafen

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Popular posts (last 30days)