Donnerstag, 13. Juli 2017

Conference in Singapore

On Friday (07.07.) I flew from Leipzig over Frankfurt to Singapore. The connection in Frankfurt was a bit too short and I had to run across the airport to catch my plane. I made, but my luggage didn't. When I arrived in Singapore Saturday morning, I went by metro East-West-Line to Raffles Place in the city center and had breakfast at China Square food court. Then I walked through China Town and hopped on the metro from Clark Quay to Harbour Front and I checked in at Bay Hotel. After a nap, I went to Vivo City shopping center and bought a new shirt before I took the metro to Buona Vista station and visited the conference at Biopolis. At late evening, I visited Marina Bay and the Ce La Vi skybar on top of Marina Bay Sands together with some friends from the conference. The cocktails were expensive, but the view was great.
On Sunday (09.07.) I have been on the conference the whole day. At the evening we visited the Singapore Zoo for a night safari. That was really crowded and we didn't see much of the animals. Better go there during the day! Monday (10.07.) I also spent the whole day at the conference and we had a nice conference dinner at the Sea Scent restaurant at Keppel Club, including some dancing at night.
Tuesday (11.07.) I used for sightseeing as there were no conference topics of my interest. I started my walking tour at Dhoby Ghaut station and walked down the Orchard Road through the Colonial District to the Arab Quarter. I was quite disappointed by the shopping in Singapore, no cheap fake stuff like in Bangkok or Hongkong. Then I walked through Millenia Singapore to the Gardens by the Bay. The gardens were not as impressive during the day. I continued my way to China Town, where I met with two friends from the conference and we enjoyed ice cream and later Singapore's famous Chilli Crab for dinner at Jumbo Seafood at Riverside Point. After dinner we walked along Singapore River to the Bay where we met with more friends from the conference to watch the Light Show at the Bay. That was fun and Thuy-Ai, Thomas and I continued to Gardens by the Bay for a night view and some beers at SuperTree. On Wednesday (12.07.) the conference ended and I shared a cab with Thomas to the airport from the conference location. And Thursday I returned to Leipzig :)
colorful murals at the Arab Quarter
View of Marina Bay Sands from Gardens by the Bay
Awesome living buildings in Singapore
View across Singapore River
Night view of the Merlion at Marina Bay 
Night view of Marina Bay Sands from Gardens by the Bay


Lighted Supertrees in Gardens by the Bay 
Lighted Supertrees in Gardens by the Bay
Night view over Marina Bay from the SuperTree skybar 
Thuy-Ai, Thomas and I at SuperTree skybar
Light Show at Marina Bay

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Popular posts (last 30days)