My parents
arrived in Boston Sunday (15.5.), and I picked them up from the airport. We
used the Silver Line and Lyft to get to our hotel,
and my parents were fascinated because it was their first time using a service
such as Lyft/Uber. I had already checked in earlier, so we dropped their bags,
refreshed and went to Prudential Center to visit the Observation Deck during
sun set. The view was great and it was my first time up there. The sun set was
ok, but the night view was best. For dinner, I showed them Fire & Ice and
they enjoyed the buffet.
The next
morning (16.5.), my jet-lagged parents woke up early, which was convenient as a
long day was ahead of us. We started the sightseeing trip at Public Garden and
walked through Boston Common to the Massachusetts State House. We continued the
Freedom Trail to Quincy Market and North End. From North End, we walked through
Paul Revere Park up to Bunker Hill, and then down to the Navy Yard. A Lyft
brought us to Harvard Square, where I showed my parents the main Harvard
Campus, and they rubbed the foot of the three-lies-statue. From Harvard Bridge
they enjoyed the view across Charles River, although they started being
exhausted. A Lyft brought us to Havard Medical Campus and I showed them where I
worked. We had late lunch at the Beth Israel Hospital canteen, where my parents
tried Boston’s famous clam chowder. The green line brought us to Public Garden
again and we had some ice cream there before walking along the Esplanade. It
was quite cold and windy at the Esplanade, but I showed my parents where I
proposed to Franzi. Then I took my parents to the
Yardhouse, where we met with
Patrick, Jens, Christian, Frederick, Tim and Adam for dinner and beer – my
parents didn’t really enjoy the pub food though^^
 |
| View on Boston from the Observation Deck on Prudential Tower |
 |
| My parents early morning at Public Garden |
 |
| A bold squirrel at Boston Common |
 |
| My parents in front of Downtown seen from North End |
 |
| My dad and I in front of the Harvard Medical School main building |
 |
| Feeding a sparrow at Public Garden with leftovers from an ice cream cone |
 |
| a family of Canadian Geese at the Esplanade |
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen